To celebrate Thanksgiving week, we have prepared this warm and wholesome recipe for you to enjoy with your family.
Cozy Butternut Squash Soup and Mash Potato
Get warm with a delicious blend of seasonal ingredients, full of bright flavour. A touch of Olive Oil at the end is all that you need to complete the flavour profile.
- Vitamix Blender or KitchenAid Exactslice™ 13-cup Food Processor
- Stock Pot or Dutch Oven
- Wooden spatula
- Potato masher
- Sharp knife
- 1 tbsp Olive oil extra virgin
- 200 grams Leek (stems removed)
- 300 grams Celery (stems removed)
- 200 grams Carrots
- 500 grams Cauliflower
- 700 gram Butternut Squash
- 1 Litre Chicken or Vegetable Stock (room temperature)
- 500 grams Potatoes
- ¼ cup Cream
- Salt and Pepper To taste
- ¼ tbsp Dry Parsley
- ¼ tbsp Dry Oregano
- Chop all ingredients, preheat the stock pot add olive oil. Lightly saute the leeks, celery, and carrots.
- Add cauliflower and butternut squash cook until lightly browned. Pour in enough of the chicken stock or vegetable stock to cover vegetables.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover pot, and simmer 40 minutes, or until all vegetables are tender.Add seasoning to taste.
- Boil potatoes, and mash them. Add creme to create texture, season to taste.
Vegan Adaptation: By using vegetable stock on the soup and a little bit of the plant-based milk of your preference to the mash potato. you can make this recipe fully vegan <3